Terms & Conditions of Sale
We appreciate your patronage and will do our best to make all aspects of your relationship with us a pleasant one. The following rules, developed through years of experience, apply to this sales order.
1. Payment- A deposit equal to 1/2 of the net purchase price is required to place order. All purchases must be paid for in full prior to delivery. No C.O.D.’s.
* final payment must be made in cash, certified/ bank check only.*
* Personal checks given for deposit must clear before merchandise is ordered.
* Returned checks carry a $20.00 bank service charge.
2. Customer Pick-ups - All merchandise must be inspected before leaving the premise to ensure customer satisfaction. No claims will be honored subsequent to signing for merchandise.
(a) Estimated delivery periods - Estimated delivery periods commence on the date we receive the full amount of the deposit required for the merchandise you have ordered or the date we receive fabric supplied by any source other than the manufacturer of the furniture, whichever is later.
(b) Postponement of delivery - We will be unable to postpone a scheduled delivery unless the request for postponement is made by 10:00 A.M. on the day before the scheduled delivery date. Delivery is expensive and therefore we will be forced to re-charge for re-delivery if no one is available to accept delivery on the scheduled delivery date.
(c) Merchandise held for delivery - We reserve the right to insist upon the delivery of all merchandise within 10 days of the date of sale or the date the merchandise arrives at our warehouse, whichever is later. Storage charges will be imposed if you fail or refuse to accept delivery within this time period.
(d) Storage fees - Storage fees will accrue daily. These fees are determined by the quantity of items@ $1.00 per item.
(e) Delivery charges - All deliveries are made by an independent carrier. Set-up is for delivered merchandise only. Deliveries outside of our local delivery area shipped F.O.B. our warehouse. You must pay for hoisting, walk-ups beyond second floor, and any other extraordinary measures necessary to accomplish delivery. Delivery charge is for one delivery only. Refusals will be re-charged.
(f) Furniture size - You are responsible for determining that merchandise will fit through doorways, stairwells, corridors and or elevators. Merchandise may not be returned for credit. We will assist in providing independent service mechanics to guarantee delivery satisfaction at customers own expense.
(g) Time and date of delivery - Delivery will be made during our normal scheduling and no special dates or times can be arranged.
The purchaser agrees that the seller shall not be responsible for any damage to purchaser’s property incurred during delivery other than damage to the merchandise purchased under this agreement. Seller is not responsible for damages done to walls or any other fixtures in the home due to the delivery of furniture.
(h) Layaway - Layaway merchandise is subject to availability, and is not guaranteed for immediate delivery. Layaway prices guaranteed for 6 months.
4. Furniture Coverings - We do not guarantee the wearing ability, color fastness, or shrinkage of fabrics, vinyl or leather products; because the are not guaranteed by our suppliers. Fabric colors may vary due to dye lot differentials; therefore, we do not assume responsibility for shade variations between sample swatches and final products. Wood and marble have natural variations; therefore, we cannot be responsible for matching color or permanency of same.
*All floor samples are sold as is.*
5. Cancellations -
*No cash refunds*
*All cancelled orders are subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
*Exchange of layaway item and returns will incur a 20% re-stocking charge plus ancillary expenses if any. No returns after 48 hours from receiving of goods. All returns must be in original packaging. Special/Custom orders are non returnable or cancelable.
*Delays beyond our control do not constitute right to cancel.
*Manufacturing times may vary. Corner Furniture reserves the right to complete/deliver all orders within 180 days (see section 3a),
unless more time is specified and agreed to.
*Corner Furniture reserves the right to cancel any order whenever deemed necessary.
6. Errors - Errors in pricing and/or arithmetic are subject to correction.
7. Warranties- All merchandise and after-market protection purchase is guaranteed solely by the manufacturer.
8. Warranty Exclusions - Sold as is, negligence from soil, stains, rips, scratches, abuse, weight exceeding mfg’s specs,
transportation, or used in any inappropriate manner other than its specified purpose.
9. Remediations- Products requiring more than normal service or are unserviceable within 90 days after delivery will be replaced.
10. Inactive Orders - No activity on sales of 3 years or more will be deemed to be abandoned. Deposits on merchandise will be Non-Recoverable, Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable.
11. Legal Interpretation - This agreement and all of its rights and obligations of the party here under shall be construed according to the laws of the State of New York and be performed within said state. No oral interpretation can modify this agreement.